HP Race tyre warmers
S 1000 RR, HP4 (ECE)
- Set of professional-grade tyre warmers.
- For rapid, uniform warming of tyre and rim.
- Patented carbon-fibre heating technology.
Three-dimensionally preshaped heating elements for optimum fit and optimum heat transfer.
Asymmetric heating profile.
Approximately 15 % more heating power acting on the cornering lean zones of the tyre than in the centre straight-ahead zone. Consequently, the lean zones for cornering offer sufficient grip even when heating times are very short.
2 heating stages: 60 °C and 85 °C.
2 precision thermostats for achieving exact tyre temperature presets irrespective of ambient condi-tions.
60 °C stage:
Heating of highly temperature-sensitive tyres, e.g. rain tyres or intermediates.
Keeping the tyres at a "grip-sustaining" temperature level even for lengthy periods without dam-aging side-effects, e.g. when tyres have to be kept warm during long breaks or breaks of uncertain duration. It is advisable to switch to the 85 °C stage about 10 minutes before racing resumes, in order to bring he tyres up to the optimum operating temperature.
85 °C stage:
Warm-up time at an ambient temperature of 20 °C is approximately 30 minutes to 85-90 °C tyre temperature and approx. 45 °C rim temperature.
The high end temperature of tyre and rim also means that waits are easily bridged (pre-race waits, etc.).
Highly efficient insulating material:
Outer material and Velcro fastener tab made of SuperTex: airtight, heat-retaining, water-repellent, dirt-repellent, washable.
Inside made of highly heat-resistant Nomex (aramid fibres).
XXL side coverage extending past the rim horn.
Protects the sidewalls of the tyre and the rim from chilly winds.
Improved spring properties of the tyre.
Constant tyre pressure because of slightly higher rim temperature.
Status indicator LED to show operating status:
LED red: Active, thermostat-controlled heating mode.
LED green: Tyre warmer connected to fully functional electricity supply.
Quick and easy fitting/removal by means of a central Velcro fastener tab and embedded rubber retaining strap in the side.
Electricity supply by connecting cable approx. 1.4 m long with Euro-standard plug and strain relief.
All-round strip in High Performance design, secured by Velcro fastener, easy to remove for cleaning if dirtied.
Including practical tote bag for storage and transport.
Sizes: 120-17“ (front), 190-17“ (rear).
Scope of supply: Set of front and rear tyre warmers, tote bag, instructions for use (German, English).
- Set of professional-grade tyre warmers for 17" wheels in special High Performance design.
- Quickest possible, uniform warming of tyres and rims for maximum grip and longer life.
- Patented carbon-fibre heating technology from KLS (mat technology) free of local hotspots.
- Advantages vis-à-vis conventional heating technologies are detailed below.
Advantages of the patented carbon-fibre heating technology (vis-à-vis conventional heating tech-nologies):
Consequently, the objective is to heat the tyre up as quickly as possible but also uniformly.
This objective is achieved by the BMW Motorrad HP Race tyre warmers with patented carbon-fibre heating technology from KLS by the following features:
Totally uniform transfer of heating power without local temperature spikes by an electrically conductive, flexible carbon heating mat with heating fibres with an aggregate length of up to 200 metres.
Warm-up phase shortened by optimum thermal insulation made of Nomex and an airtight outer envelope.
Rim is heated quickly, so temperature conditions are optimal through the entire wheel.
The graphic above illustrates the difference between the patented carbon-fibre heating technology and conventional heating technologies:
The zones showing light grey are indicative of a temperature of approximately 80-85 °C. The dark lines indicate localised overheating.
The tyre heated with the patented carbon fibre heating technology is free of local hotspots; the grey colouration (indicative of temperature in the range approx. 80-85 °C) is uniform.
- The following points have to be taken into consideration regarding tyre warming:
- Depending on temperature and heating time, the introduction of heat can cause hardening of the tyre rubber (post-vulcanisation).
- Hotspots cause excessive escape of plasticisers from the tyre's outer layer and this in turn leads to premature hardening of the tyre. Under worst-case conditions severe differences in temperature can cause separation between individual layers of rubber.
- Heat introduced unevenly into the tyre spreads relatively poorly through the tyre.
Recommended in combination with:
- Sport auxiliary stand
- HP Race pit-stop carpet
- HP Race chain tensioner (includes the HP Race paddock stand adapter)
Designation: HP Race tyre warmers
Part number: 77 02 8 543 059